How to Obtain a Background Check
“Fieldprint, Inc.” is the ACCSB vendor for background checks. The deadline to update your background checks without penalty is March 15, 2013. A Fieldprint Inc. representative is available Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 8 PM Eastern Time. Call 877-614-4364.
Procedures for Case Management Agencies and Adult Day Care Centers to Obtain Provider Accounts
Providers will need to set-up an account with Fieldprint to have access to fitness determination information for potential employees/employees (“applicants”). Providers can set up their account with Fieldprint at the www.fieldprinthawaii.com website. You will need a code from ACCSB or CTA to set up the account. If you have any other questions regarding account set-up, please call Fieldprint toll-free at 877-228-3909.
To learn more about Background Checks, see Criminal History Record and Protective Services Central Registry Check Standards
When a provider account is set up, Fieldprint will provide you an individual provider number. This is the number each of your employees will use to obtain their background checks. The provider number will also allow the agency to obtain information on the status of an employee is in the system.
Once you have provided your agency account code to your employees, instruct your prospective employee to visit www.fieldprinthawaii.com to apply for their background checks,
- Visit the Fieldprint, Inc. website
- Click the red “Schedule an Appointment” button on the right.
- Enter an email address under “New Users/Sign Up” and click the “Sign Up” button. Follow the instructions for creating a Password and Security Question
- Click “Sign Up and Continue”.
To schedule a fingerprinting appointment (which also includes Adult Protective Services (APS) and Child Abuse and Neglect (CA/N) screens):
- Select “I know my Fieldprint Code” and enter the following code: FPHawaiiDHSAFIS
- If you do not select “I know my Fieldprint Code” you must select the reason “HI – Department of Human Services – ACCSB” and enter the code. If you do step number 1 you will not need to do this step.
- You are now ready to enter your demographic information and to schedule a fingerprint appointment. Scheduling an appointment will also provide you the Protective Services checks for APS and CAN.
- Print the Confirmation Page and take it with you to your fingerprint appointment. Also bring two forms of identification. At least one form of ID must be a valid, government issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license.
To obtain Protective Services checks (APS & CA/N) :
- Select “I know my Fieldprint Code” and enter the following code: FPHawaiiDHSAPS
- If you do not select “I know my Fieldprint Code” you will select the reason you need to be fingerprinted which will be “HI – Department of Human Services – ACCSB” and enter the code. If you do step number 1 you will not need to do this step.
- You are now ready to enter your demographic information, and submit the name-based APS and CAN checks.
After Fieldprint Inc. has processed the background check, applicants will receive email notification that results are ready to be viewed on www.fieldprinthawaii.com.
What to do with the Results of Your Background Checks
After Fieldprint Inc. has processed the background check, applicants will receive email notification that results are ready to be viewed on www.fieldprinthawaii.com. You will either see a Green Light or Red Light determination.
A Green Light determination means that you have cleared the background check process. Print the email and save it for your records, or provide the information to your employer as appropriate.
A Red Light determination means that you have a conviction or confirmation of abuse on your record and are not allowed to be employed as, or provide direct service to clients unless you apply for an exemption (appeal). Print the email and save it.
Next, you then will be guided to new screen where the date and type of conviction or date and type of confirmation of abuse will be shown. Print this email for your records.
If your criminal history record or protective services central registry indicate a red light determination, you have the right to apply for appeal. If you wish to obtain an exemption (appeal) fill out DHS Form1673.