Medicaid Fee-For-Service Program – Pregnant Women
The QUEST and Medicaid Fee-for-Service programs have special provisions that only apply to pregnant women. The provisions allow pregnant women to have enhanced access to prenatal care and other medical services.
The special eligibility provisions apply to through the term of pregnancy and for 60-days after childbirth. The pregnant woman must meet the other requirements of the QUEST or Medicaid FFS programs.
- The asset test does not apply
- The income standard is 185% of the Federal Poverty Level
- The unborn child(ren) are included in the family size of the pregnant woman
- Once eligibility is established, it will continue through the 60 day period following childbirth
Coverage includes prenatal care, necessary tests, labor and delivery costs, hospital charges and doctor or certified nurse-midwife charges. Medical services for the newborn will also be covered.
You can get an application:
- by calling the Med-QUEST office in your area to have one mailed to you.
- by visiting the Med-QUEST eligibility office in your area. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 7:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except holidays);
- at any community health center;
- at any hospital;
- at any Department of Human Services unit office.
Early and continuous Prenatal Care is important to the health of a mother and her baby. The following organizations provide prenatal assistance and other services, even if a mother doesn’t qualify for Medicaid:
|Healthy Start Ko’olau Loa||(808) 293-1241|
|Kalihi-Palama Health Center||(808) 848-1438|
|KokuaKalihi Valley||(808) 848-0976|
|Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center||(808) 696-7081|
|Waimanalo Health Center||(808) 259-7948|
|Neighbor Islands :|
|Molokai Women’s Health Center||(808) 553-3145|
|Community Clinic of Maui||(808) 871-7772|
|Maui Family Support Services (serves Lanai)||(808) 565-7484|
|Kauai Medical Clinic||(808) 245-1511|
|Hilo Maternal & Child Support Services||(808) 974-4291|
|Kona Maternal & Child Support Services||(808) 322-4880|
|For referrals and free information call:|
|Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition||(808) 951-5805|