P-EBT, Food and Financial Assistance Amid the COVID-19 Crisis
Current: 2020-2021 School Year
You May Check Your Child’s Pandemic Electronic Benefit Transfer (P-EBT) Food Assistance Status – click here (Multi-language access is available)
EMERGENCY SNAP SUPPLEMENT:
The Emergency SNAP Supplement has been extended through October.
The June supplement will be available to eligible clients on July 9, 2020.
The July supplement will be available to eligible clients on August 10, 2020.
The August supplement will be available to eligible clients on September 11, 2020.
The September supplement will be available to eligible clients on October 13, 2020.
The October supplement will be available to eligible clients on November 10, 2020.
COMMUNITY AND GOVERNMENT RESOURCES: FOOD, ENERGY ASSISTANCE, CHILD CARE, AND MORE…
Resources for Individuals and Families Amid COVID-19 – click here (updated 9-21-2020)
SNAP and FINANCIAL APPLICATION INFORMATION BELOW:
Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program (SNAP) and Financial Benefits (updated 6/12/20):
The Benefit, Employment, and Support Services Division (BESSD) of DHS will continue to serve residents throughout the pandemic without interruption.
A few changes have been implemented to protect clients and staff during this time:
- There is a reduction in staff at these administrative offices and processing centers, but they are working hard to manage the workload and provide reduced exposure for all. Please be patient with our staff as they work as quickly as they can to process requests and applications.
- Telephone will be the primary means to contact BESSD processing centers and other offices. Please see the phone number (indicate where on this site) for the processing center near you.
- If you visit a processing center, you will be directed to drop off your forms in the drop box and contact the office by phone. The number will be posted on a sign there for your convenience.
- While the lobbies are officially closed during the pandemic, if you do not have access to a phone, signage will instruct you on how to alert BESSD staff at the center that you have no phone. They will work with you through the security doors to help in any way possible.
WE NOW HAVE A NEW ONLINE APPLICATION YOU MAY USE TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AND SNAP BENEFITS – click here
When you submit your application, you will receive a receipt with your tracking number. This means we have received your application. DHS will contact your for your interview.
Due to the increase in applications and the subsequent workload at Processing Centers, we are experiencing delays in processing and replies to voice mails. Providing you with timely service is very important to us.
As of 9/10/2020, the initial application processing average is 8 days, with longest wait at 17 days. We care deeply about you and your family and we are working hard to process all applications as quickly as we can.
There are 3 ways to submit your application:
- Apply online using the new online application
- U.S Postal Mail – *paper form
- Drop off – *paper form
*Paper form – Once complete, you may print and sign the form, then mail it, or drop it off at a processing center as noted above.
Current Recipients of SNAP:
During the pandemic, the US Department of Agriculture has waived Able Bodied Adults Without Dependents (ABAWD) work / Education & Training requirement. This is in response to the decline in available work and closure of training courses due to the pandemic. During this time, applicants will no longer need to re-file SNAP applications.
More information will be provided on these and several other program enhancements geared to help residents during this difficult time. Please check this website frequently.